The daughter of the Honorable David L. Belz, Rachel knew from a very young age that she was destined to be an attorney. Rachel was raised in the Southern California legal community, and she grew up organizing and hosting fundraisers and charity events for the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association and the St. Thomas More Society of Orange County. AIOLA Rising Star 2018Rachel worked as a paralegal for her Father’s personal injury law firm for many years until he became a Judge in 2009. Rachel also worked as a paralegal for multiple personal injury, criminal law, and family law firms in Los Angeles, California, while completing her undergraduate studies at Saddleback College, where she earned her Associate of the Arts Degree, Cum Laude, in Liberal Studies in 2008, and California State University Dominguez Hills, where she earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree, Summa Cum Laude, with Honors, in English Literature, in May 2011. Rachel moved to Ohio in 2012 to attend the University of Akron School of Law, where she earned her Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, in 2015.
Rachel first joined the prior named firm of Joseph A. Kacyon & Associates in 2015. Now, at Hoover Kacyon, LLC, Rachel focuses extensively on Domestic Relations matters. In this role, Rachel counsels clients through high asset divorce cases, complex domestic custody and visitation matters, out-of-state and foreign custody disputes, and has successfully both brought and defended contempt actions.
Rachel has handled high asset divorce cases, high conflict custody and visitation matters, and post-decree matters from the inception to completion at trial. Rachel has also successfully minimized court involvement for her clients through negotiating advantageous settlements.
Rachel heads up the firm’s real estate practice group as well, due to her experience in landlord tenant matters and other real estate and property disputes. Rachel is very experienced in both bringing and defending eviction lawsuits, as well as advising clients how to avoid eviction issues by effectively managing properties and their businesses, so that they have more profit and less expenses for legal matters. Additionally, Rachel has brought and defended many civil matters arising from real estate disputes, contract disputes, and personal injury claims from inception to settlement, or completion at trial.
Rachel is also an integral part of Hoover Kacyon, LLC’s probate practice. Rachel has advised and counseled clients in estate planning, guardianship matters, probate estates, and adoption. Rachel has additionally brought and defended many complex custody issues intertwined between the domestic relations court and probate court.
- CALI Award in Constitutional Law II, Trial Advocacy I and II, and Expert Evidence
- Selected to compete as an advocate in the American College of Trial Lawyers National Trial Competition, Spring 2015; National Institute for Trial Advocacy Tournament of Champions, Fall 2014; Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, PA, Gourley Mock Trial Competition, Spring 2014; Michigan State University National Trial Advocacy Competition, Fall 2013
- Trial Team Honor Society Vice President, 20142015
- Akron School of Law Intramural Mock Trial Competition: Finalist 2014, Champion 2015
- 2015 J.D., University of Akron School of Law
- 2015 Certification in Litigation, Trial Advocacy and Dispute Resolution, University of Akron School of Law
- 2011 B.A., California State University Dominguez Hills
- 2008 A.A., Saddleback College
Joseph A. Kacyon
Joseph A. Kacyon is the lead attorney of Hoover Kacyon’s Probate, Bankruptcy, Business and Personal Injury Practice Groups. Joe completed his undergraduate studies at the Rochester…